The quest to offer the best customer service goes through stages of training and using technologies, sometimes almost unbelievable to be real. One tool that stands out in dealing with the consumer is self-service by conversation. Have you heard of it? We explain below.
What are conversational self-service and its main competitive advantages?
Conversational self-service is the solution of virtual assistants, chatbots, and voicebots, to solve customer problems. However, unlike bots, which have a simpler response structure and therefore it is necessary to be very specific about requests, self-service has artificial intelligence that allows more natural and assertive conversations.
And oddly enough, the service by virtual assistants can be very empathetic and human, even compared to the service performed by telephone attendants. A virtual assistant does not subject the customer to waiting time in service queues, and has access to the entire spectrum of services the company offers, thus avoiding rewiring and transferring calls. In addition, the solution presents standardized solutions, always in line with best care practices.
In grupoGBI, we have highly advanced solutions to improve the customer experience at all its touchpoints.
AI powered self-service, the revolution in customer care
It's no surprise that digital transformation brings a revolution in customer service. Thanks to the degree of customization and the voice learning system, the robots can solve highly complex problems with precision and coherence and even reverse customer dissatisfaction into positive feedback for the company.
In addition to problem-solving, robots with artificial intelligence are gaining space in different sectors to assist humans in various situations: from organizing traffic from large cities safely to medical (and surgical care very shortly) of high quality and efficiency.
Learn about differentiated cases of humanized self-service in the digital age through chatbots
Royal Bank of Canada (RBC)
RBC is now the largest private bank in Canada. RBC saw in virtual assistants the way to know the needs of customers, their ambitions, and their fears, without having to ask them.
The customer today is digital and does not make their decisions in the traditional way. Thus, it was fundamental to position RBC in the context of their customers' lives. In short, RBC had the ambition to become the financial “Siri”. In September 2015, it decided to digitize all its touch points and invest in the development of AIs capable of talking to humans and ending the limiting barriers of traditional care solutions (IVR).
This transformation was a success, today RBC is the # 1 in satisfaction in the financial sector in Canada. AI processes more than 20 terabytes of structured and unstructured data, and speaks to more than 100 million customers per year, not only on reactive calls (the customer contacting your bank) but on proactive calls (the bank calling the customer), achieving impressive results with less than 1% dissatisfaction.
Self-service by health conversation
The maturity of technical and Business Solutions is already great, ensuring high-level performance, scalability and security, being also applied to the health sector.
GrupoGBI offers patient care solutions that, through direct interaction in human and natural language, enable conversations about symptoms with a virtual medical assistant.
The technology can identify health problems, schedule an appointment, open virtual appointments, or even activate emergency medical care.
This is a solution that enables assertive medical screening, reducing the risk of misdiagnosis, increasing care efficiency, reducing costs for hospitals and, most importantly, decreasing the time to care for patients.
Self-service by conversation in the call center
Today, contact center operations that use conversational self-service offer a better customer experience. This led to the elimination of rigid navigation trees, URA/IVR: "Press 1 to talk about X, or press 2 to talk about Y".
Artificial intelligence capable of understanding spoken speech uses its cognitive processes to infer the true meaning of speech. From this, one can obtain clear answers to the user's intention.
A great example of this service is Omilia, a virtual assistant capable of simulating human care so effectively that is astonishing. She can understand various accents, slang, and different terms and, even more, create an unstructured and natural speech, be able to solve problems and doubts, and be part of a cross-sell or upsell sales strategy.
Key advantages of conversational self-service
We have already mentioned here numerous benefits and facilities offered by humanized self-service. But briefly, we can point out some of them:
- 24-hour service: the uninterrupted service allows the consumer to get in touch at the moment when it is most conducive to him, without having to pause important tasks daily. Even more, the variety of channels makes it possible to contact from anywhere. Virtual assistants are always available to talk to the consumer.
- Improvement and agility in communication: the conversation with robots accelerates the solution from the simplest to the most complex problems since it can serve as a filter for unpredictable incidents so that the member of the SAC team receives the requests already detailed and departs directly to the solution in a phone call.
- Proximity to the customer: although the solution is agile, the robot has time available to listen carefully to every detail of the consumer's request and can build a relationship of empathy with the user.
- Understanding the customer's real desires: due to the availability of the attendant and his voice learning, the robot can understand with assertiveness the problem to be treated, avoiding confusion and unnecessary wear and tear.
- Customer retention: with rapid problem solving, the brand gains more chances of customer loyalty since the solution offers autonomy and agility.
- Possibility of increased referrals from satisfied customers: loyal customers are more likely to refer businesses to friends and family.
- Cost savings: robots can serve countless people at the same time, which allows your team to be up to other demands. In addition, it is possible to reduce the number of employees in customer service, since virtual assistants and chatbots can eliminate most requests.
After all, is it worth investing in humanized self-service for communication with customers?
Yes! Automating traditional or digital customer service channels results in improved customer experience and increased productivity and cost savings. AIs and bots are digital means that provide agility, autonomy, and efficiency. Humanized self-service is one of the main factors that can improve the customer experience in their journey.
It has been shown that conversational self-service is a great asset for customer loyalty thanks to more assertive diagnostics and services. Within these topics, there is also a reduction in costs with errors and an increase in new customers by referral, increasing the company's profits.